Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Progress update: Toddler quilt

I am really happy with my progress on my first quilt. I had original had an idea for a rag quilt but decided to change it to a traditional quilt. I would love to make a beginners tutorial, coming from a true beginner. I have found some great sites with some great ideas and would love to put them all together. My greatest resource so far was a series of  Beginner's quilting tutorials from Pile O' Fabric. It is very easy and she has some excellent resources!


My quilt is definitely not perfect but as I work it, I figure out ways to make it a lot easier for my next blanket. I am making a quilt that will fit my daughters toddler bed. I did a few modifications and used a piece of flannel as batting for a lighter feel, and it is turning out great! I will say that you need an incredible amount of patience and time to complete a quilt. I definitely would recommend you take your time and don't rush, it will make a huge difference. 


More updates to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment