Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

TUTORIAL: Stitch pattern

I love finding new crochet stitches and creating my own projects. In my many hours spent on Pinterest, I stumbled across this fabulous blog, Hakenenmeer, which had some beautiful patterns. I found this pattern for a blanket and it inspired me to make a scarf. I finished the scarf and started on a blanket similar to what you see in the original pattern. I don't speak Dutch, but I was able to recreate the pattern and translate in English. This is my first time writing out a pattern so I hope it's easy to follow! I encourage you to check out the great blog and check out my translation below!



With this stitch you can make it any length and use any size hook. It is a great pattern for a scarf or blanket and works really quickly. 

In my blanket I used a size (K) hook
Hobby Lobby "I love this yarn" colors
(White Sparkle, Pink Sparkle, Pink Neon, Pink, Mixed Berry)

Chain multiple of 3+1


Foundation Row: Chain Multiple 3+1 
1st Row: In second chain from hook 1 sc,*Ch 2, Skip 2 st, 1 sc* Repeat from *to* until last two stitches. In last two stitches 1 sc in each. Ch 3. TURN
2nd Row: 3 dc in 1st ch 2 spc, repeat across each 2 ch spc until last ch 2 spc, 3 dc in last ch 2 spc, skip sc in previous row and dc in last chain. TURN (do not chain)
3rd Row: 1 sc in same spc as hook and 1 sc in next st, *ch 2, 1 sc (in spc between each set of 3 dc)* Repeat from *to* until last sp, 1 sc in last sp, 1 sc in top of ch 3 (from previous row)
4th & 5th row: repeat rows 2 and 3 to desired length


Here is a visual pattern follow in case you have any issues with the written pattern. You can use as many colors as you would like for this stitch. I found using an odd number of colors works best. You can also use two colors and alternate to create a little pop of color in between rows. You can choose to weave in the ends and create a border crochet. With my scarf I left the the ends out to give it more dimension. 




Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions with this stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment